Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1


For day 1 I drew a calendar for January and put stuff I’m hoping for in this coming year in all the days. They might not make sense if you’re not me, thus the following description:

1. Happiness.

2. Time with friends. My friends are blue.

3. Inspiration. Denoted by what looks like a hairy light bulb.

4. Motivation. I was going for a Rocky-type thing, like when he runs up the stairs.

5. Money.

6. Learning opportunities. The arrows are supposed to indicate knowledge entering one’s brain.

7. A good ending to Lost. I have faith!

8. Good books. This is my favorite drawing.

9. Good movies. That thingy is a poorly drawn film reel.

10. Good music.

11. Travel opportunities. That’s why I need money.

12. Follow through. How the hell do you draw follow through? I went with an arrow.

13. Physical strength. I have a muscular disorder, so if I want to travel and feel comfortable moving around, I need to work on this.

14. Free time. That’s a clock with a price tag that says zero dollars. I’m starting school again soon, and I’m hoping it’s not going to make me too insanely busy.

15. Laughter. That’s a tough one to do visually, so I just wrote it out.

16. Matt Smith to do a good job as the Doctor. That brown triangle-y thing is a bow tie, which I chose because he’s wearing one in the promotional pictures.

17. Courage. The orange cloud with a snout is supposed to be a lion.

18. Health. I couldn’t figure out how to draw a real human heart. But I like this one. It has arms.

19. Good weather. This includes rainy days, which I like from time to time.

20. Good luck. I’m not sure if I entirely believe in luck, but it’s nice when good things happen.

21. To see Hair on Broadway. I was trying to draw a hippy making a peace sign. What came out was Jesus with a bunny for a hand.

22. Opportunity. That’s the hand of opportunity knocking on my door.

23. For my hair to magically be clean all the time so I don’t have to wash it. I didn’t promise that these would be practical. I should have drawn “to meet George Harrison” while I was at it. That yellow mess is my magically clean hair.

24. To meet Will. He’s a friend of my brother who sounds really cool. I was losing steam at this point and just wrote his name.

25. Focus. Denoted by an eye.

26. Freedom from OCD. I drew OCD in pink because I don’t like the color pink.

27. To meet new people. I tried to draw those little guys shaking hands. Like my current friends, these new people will also be blue.

28. The chance to meet the famous people I care about. That’s a red carpet.

29. Beacon to be successful. Beacon Charter High School for the Arts is the best thing that ever happened to me. It’s a tiny little school near where I live that was closed down by the state but reopened when my fellow students and I fought like hell to keep it open! I drew the comedy and tragedy masks, a little blobby chef hat, and a painter’s palette for the three art departments: theater, culinary, and visual.

30. A T-shirt with a Union Jack on it. I’ve wanted one for a while.

31. My driver’s license. I’m nineteen. This needs to happen.

I should have put Comic Con on here, but I totally forgot! If January had 32 days, Comic Con would be there. I was going to draw a little wizard hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment